For the outdated software that was still in use, it became clear that the technical manufacturer support would soon expire: a security risk. Accordingly, the SNB's security standards would no longer be met by the version in use. There was no doubt that the software environment would have to be renewed. In addition, the technical update was intended to enable new forms of collaboration. Among other things, the goal was to be able to work with internal as well as external employees without media discontinuity, and to do so while on the road and on different devices. The task was therefore to make the transition to the new software solution as smooth as possible for 1400 SNB employees.
Assecor supported the SNB through the roll-out of Office 365 in terms of technology and communication. The software solution was enhanced with several components from the Microsoft product range and supplemented with the latest security features. Assecor advised on various topics and processes during the roll-out of Office365 (including Skype 4 Business and Cloud Services) and supported the SNB in various roles in IT support (first level support and quality assurance) and in the management of the project.
- Skype for Business enables modern communication without media discontinuity
- Team and project pages can be created in SharePoint Online to enable collaborative work
- Employees have access to emails and documents from any device via the Office 365 portal
- Documents can be easily shared with colleagues and external collaborators via OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
- Employees always work with the latest Office versions and productivity tools
The SNB digital workplace
Das Projekt auf einen Blick
Industry: Energy provider
Project Duration: 13 months
Photo by wachiwit on Adobe Stock